Juvederm and You
The bountiful collagen and hyaluronic acid our skin possesses in our younger years begin to reduce as we age, leaving behind wrinkles and fine lines. No girl likes to be reminded of her fleeting youth, nor do we like admitting our true age. How you may ask, can I turn back time and reclaim my youthful beauty? The answer is simple: Juvederm.
What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an FDA-approved collection of dermal fillers, developed and manufactured by Allergan, intended to iron out those wrinkles and breathe life into deflated skin. Unlike many of its predecessors, Juvederm relies on hyaluronic acid and not collagen, to “plump up” skin. And since it is bio-synthesized in a laboratory setting with no human or animal DNA, it remains one of the safest dermal fillers on the market.
Is All Juvederm The Same?
Not all Juvederm is created equal. There are ten variations of the fountain of youth including the following:
- Juvederm HYDRATE – hyaluronic acid beauty treatment/mesotherapy product for skin rejuvenation
- Juvederm ULTRA 2 also known as Juvederm Ultra XC – hyaluronic acid dermal filler for fine lines and subtle lip augmentation
- Juvederm ULTRA 3 also known as Juvederm Ultra Plus XC – hyaluronic acid dermal filler for moderate lines and lip enhancement
- Juvederm ULTRA 4 also known as Juvederm XC – hyaluronic acid dermal filler for deeper folds and wrinkles, especially for volume enhancement in the cheeks and chin, lip enhancement and hands rejuvenation
- Juvederm ULTRA SMILE – hyaluronic acid dermal filler designed to make your lips full, soft and beautiful looking
- Juvederm VOLUMA – hyaluronic acid dermal filler used for deep injections into the cheek area to help correct age-related loss of volume
- Juvederm VOLIFT also known as Vollure XC – hyaluronic acid dermal filler used for liquid facelift: smoothing moderate to severe wrinkles and filling in hollow areas for an uplifted look
- Juvederm VOLIFT RETOUCH – a top-up treatment to refine and perfect the initial treatment with Juvederm Volift
- Juvederm VOLBELLA – hyaluronic acid dermal filler formulated specifically for for lip augmentation and correction of perioral lines and wrinkles.
- Juvederm VOLITE– hyaluronic acid dermal filler to increase hydration, smoothness and elasticity of the skin in just one treatment.
How Exactly Does Juvederm Work?
Our skin naturally produces hyaluronic acid, a sugar derived compound responsible for maintaining and delivering moisture and nutrients to skin cells. As the body ages, cells absorb the hyaluronic acid but fail to produce it, thus leading to less youthful and soft skin. Juvederm is a smooth gel made of cross-linked, bio-synthesized hyaluronic acid particles that, when injected into the skin, simply replaces what has been lost over time, resulting in fewer lines and wrinkles and fuller, more youthful skin.
How Long Do Results Last?
Results from Juvederm injections can last anywhere from six months to a year, depending on the area treated and the type of Juvederm used.
Why Choose Juvederm?
The benefits of Juvederm dermal fillers can be seen almost immediately: a reduced appearance of lines and wrinkles, fuller lips or cheeks. Juvederm is naturally absorbed by the body and bio-degraded with time. The risks associated with Juvederm are low: swelling and tenderness of the injection site; some bruising; slight lumpiness of the treated area, all of which have been shown to subside quickly and without any serious issues.
There is no reason to be forced to age gracefully when Juvederm is a readily available, veritable fountain of youth.