Juvederm Ultra 3
Having analyzed user reviews about Juvederm Ultra 3, we came to the conclusion that the drug shows itself well in the correction of deep wrinkles. However, most users are inclined to believe that the drug copes with the correction of deep horizontal wrinkles on the forehead better, than it does with an increase in the cheek volume.
Experts in the field of aesthetic medicine explain this by incorrect selection of the dosage, which causes a fast loss of density in the cheekbone area.
The second reason is that enhancing and maintaining the cheekbones volume requires the densest gel, which is not plastic and keeps its shape well. Juvederm Ultra 3 can still be ranked as a universal dermal filler with a good plasticity.
Therefore, it can be used for different purposes, including cheekbones and lips augmentation. The effect, though, will be weaker, compared to its results in wrinkle correction.
How fast does the Juvederm Ultra 3 effect appear
A professional will see the effect within half an hour or an hour after the procedure. However, it keeps enhancing for 3-5 days, while Hyaluronic acid actively accumulates water molecules in the desired zone.
In addition, the overall view can be spoilt by the swelling and redness, which pass in 2-3 days.
According to many women, though, you can see the result of Juvederm Ultra 3 in 2-3 hours after the filler administration and get back to your usual activities feeling younger and more self-confident.
If you choose a true professional to perform the treatment, the swelling will be minimal and it will pass on the first day.
How long will the result of Juvederm Ultra 3 last
It is believed that the results of treatment with Juvederm Ultra 3 maintain for 8-10 months. These are real results that can be seen in photos of women before and after using Juvederm Ultra 3.
Many doctors, though, believe that the effect fades faster in those, who are physically more active, frequently visit saunas, or often perform aggressive cosmetic procedures. This is not proven, but this opinion happens to exist.
Great news! There is an actionable and actually working life hack how to increase the duration of Juvederm Ultra 3 effect up to 18 months.
Every 3 months, you need to take Hyaluronic acid in capsules or tablets. The drug should be administered in cycles lasting 2 to 3 weeks. This helps maintain the effect longer. Discuss this with your beautician, who performs the filler treatment and find out if this will help in your particular case.
Juvederm Ultra 3 dermal fillers are high-tech and safe fillers, produced by the pharmaceutical company Allergan.
These are third-generation, structured gels of biological origin. They do not contain components of animal origin and are absolutely safe for humans.
With the introduction of the filler Juvederm Ultra 3, our body does not produce antibodies, does not reject the gel and does not provoke an allergic reaction.
This effect is achieved for the reason that Juvederm Ultra 3 contains only a single active ingredient - Hyaluronic acid. It is one of the main components of connective tissue, which accumulates water particles in the cells and affects many biochemical processes in the body.
In aesthetic medicine practice, Hyaluronic acid is used to moisturize the skin and correct visible defects.
Juvederm Ultra 3 is a medium density filler, which provides volume and a smooth texture due to the more dense combination of Hyaluronic acid molecules.
The denser the Hyaluronic acid molecules are, the more moisture molecules they combine in a small area. This allows correcting even severe defects, the origin of which begins in the deep layers of the dermis.
Despite its density, though, Juvederm Ultra 3 dermal filler distributes evenly under the skin and is quite plastic in use.
Indications for Use
- Correction of nasolabial folds;
- Raising the corners, when they go down;
- Lip contour restoration;
- Smoothing out of deep and medium horizontal wrinkles on the forehead;
- Lip volume augmentation.
The above can be complemented with applications, characteristic for all Juvederm fillers:
- Sagging and dry skin
- Faded and tired skin
- Skin peeling.
This gel can already be used to correct deep zones and zones, characterized with asymmetry. However, it does not suit the purpose of performing large-scale correction of parts of the face, due to its insufficient density.
- The unique technology of “gluing” the Hyaluronic acid molecules, which provides more volume and a more durable effect
- Duration of action from 8 to 10 months
- Uniform gel distribution restores the skin elasticity, while ensuring a natural look. Zones, into which the gel was injected are not noticeable.
- Despite the high density of the filler, it does not stick together and doesn’t form lumps that need to be kneaded.
Drug form and composition
- Juvederm Ultra 3 comes in 1 ml syringes.
- Each pack contains 2 syringes and 2 needles 27G ½
- The needles are thinner than those in Juvederm Ultra 2 fillers, since the drug is injected into the medium and deep layers of the skin.
- Each syringe has the same concentration of Hyaluronic acid - 24 mg per 1 ml of excipient.
Additional inactive ingredients of Juvederm Ultra 3 are:
- Lidocaine 3%
- PH 7.2 phosphate buffer.
Juvederm Ultra dermal fillers are produced using a patented technology and differ from most fillers through containing the two mentioned substances.
They do not affect the final result and cannot enhance the effect of Hyaluronic acid. With their help, though, it is possible to reduce discomfort during the procedure and speed up the process of skin layers rehabilitation after the gel introduction.
Mode of administration
If you plan to buy Juvederm Ultra 3 and use this filler, contact an experienced dermatologist, who will help you in the initial stage. What you need to learn from the beautician or doctor are the following:
- what is your skin type
- is JuvedermUltra 3 suitable for solving the task set
- what dosage you need and what volume of filler to buy
- how will the treatment be performed
- recommendations for preparing for the procedure.
Making Juvederm Ultra 3 injections at home on your own is contraindicated!
The procedure itself is divided into several stages:
- Preparation: the face is pre-cleansed, excess fat from the skin is removed and the skin is disinfected
- Drug administration: injections are made along wrinkles or in the designated area.Small portions of the filler are injected slowly and strictly along the contour of the problem skin area.
- Completion: after the specialist finishes the injections, you should not get up quickly from the chair.For 15-30 minutes, you should remain in the same position, in which injections were made.
After the treatment session, you need to adhere to a strict regime within 2 weeks and follow the doctor’s recommendations, such as:
- Within 5 days, you need to make cold compresses on those areas, where the drug was injected (2-3 compress per day).It is sufficient to take a small towel, wrap the ice in it and moisten it with cold water. Apply this towel to the required parts of the face.
- Within 14 days you are not allowed to go in for sports, stay in rooms with a sharp change in temperature, refuse visiting sauna.
- For 2 weeks, you should not sunbathe or spend long hours in the open sun.Avoid sunbed tanning, as well.
- Avoid spending long hours in the cold.
- The skin should be further moisturized and nourished as much as possible during the first 5 days.
The instructions for use of Juvederm Ultra 3 quite clearly spell out all the contraindications to the use and precautions that must be followed.
The standard list of contraindications is as follows:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period
- Status epilepticus
- Individual intolerance toLidocaine, Sodium phosphate, Hyaluronic acid
- Inflammation of the skin.
In addition, aesthetic practitioners also discuss the following conditions, which should be discussed before the treatment initiation:
- 2-3 weeks before the injection, you must stop taking medications that can thin the blood or interfere with platelet aggregation
- Injections can be made only after you finish antibiotics treatment.
- At least 3 weeksshould pass since the last chemical peel or laser cosmetic procedure.
- Injections are not administered in those places whereBotox or other synthetic implants were previously administered.
- Before the procedure, eliminate inflammation on the skin, fungal or bacterial infections.
Juvederm Ultra 3 Side Effects
Side effects are temporary and most often manifest in mild form. The most common symptoms are as follows:
- Bruising at the injection site
- Mild swelling
- Pain when pressing on the skin at the injection site.
- Redness and itching.
If the drug is injected too quickly, indurations may form under the skin. This is a dermatologist’s mistake. Therefore, the filler is injected slowly, so that it distributes evenly in the tissues.
If the introduction of Juvederm Ultra 3 causes an allergic reaction, you need to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
The treatment cost depends only on how many syringes with the gel are needed in a particular clinical case.
City drugstores and beauty offices offer Juvederm Ultra 3 at a price starting from 400.
Such a difference in price is explained by a high mark-up, which city pharmacies set. Dermatologists do the same thing, so you’d better find out how much drug you need and make an order via the Internet.
However, if you chose to buy Juvederm Ultra 3 online, you need to pay careful attention to the supplier. Choose only proven online pharmacies, which have proven themselves to be trustworthy and have a good reputation.