Table of Contents
Juvederm Ultra 4 shows great results and is unambiguously the densest and most resistant filler from the entire Juvederm Ultra filler line. Yet namely the high density makes this filler less flexible and plastic.
Many specialists in the field of aesthetic medicine claim that it is perfect for severe cases, such as:
- correction of asymmetry,
- change in the shape of the face,
- correction of the hump on the nose,
- increase in cheekbones and lip volume
Still, the use of Juvederm Ultra 4 for the purpose of correcting wrinkles is not as appropriate as, for example, of Juvederm Ultra 3.
The higher the gel density, the more fullness it provides in the injection area. You don’t need extreme fullness to correct the wrinkles. Therefore, if you choose a filler specifically for skin smoothing and wrinkle removal, better opt for Juvederm Ultra 3. If your goal is to change the shape or add volume to some part of the face, Juvederm Ultra 4 has no competitors.
Juvederm Ultra 4 dermal filler is a sterile physiological gel, which contains a high dose of Hyaluronic acid. This gel is injected into the deep layers of the skin to correct existing defects. This is the most viscous filler from the Juvederm Ultra line, which maintains high density for a long time.
After the procedure, the effect lasts for 10-14 months, depending on the injection area and dosage introduced.
The basis of the filler Juvederm Ultra 4 is modified Hyaluronic acid. The unique Hylacross technology, patented by the pharmaceutical company Allergan (manufacturer of Juvederm fillers), allows achieving a unique 3D effect. The strong bond of Hyaluronic acid molecules with the skin cells allows to bind a large amount of water in the target zone as tight, as possible. This allows correcting the most severe defects.
Indications for Use
- Deep wrinkles on forehead and chin
- Lips contour correction
- Increase in lip volume and cheekbone area
- Correction of facial contours and existing asymmetries
- Elimination of deep nasolabial folds
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Skin smoothness restoration after acne treatment and scar formation
With Juvederm Ultra 4, you can regain a healthy, natural color, surface tension and a smooth texture of your skin. At the same time, the skin will receive not only a smoother surface, but also maximum hydration.
- High density
- Best choice for lip augmentation and lip contour correction from the entire Juvederm Ultra line.
- Results maintenance for 1 year.
- No severe side effects and complications.
- Fast manifestation of the effect (within 24 hours after the procedure).
- Compatible with lower density fillers from Juvederm Ultra
- Effect of natural rejuvenation without the use of toxic substances
Due to its high density, Juvederm Ultra 4 is often compared to Botox. However, these substances have nothing in common. Juvederm gel contains only Hyaluronic acid, which is non-toxic and safe for skin cells. It is a natural body component, which is synthesized under the conditions of a licensed pharmaceutical laboratory. It does not even cause an allergic reaction.
Another important feature of Juvederm Ultra 4 is that it is very easy to work with. Due to its high density, the gel does not spread under the skin and retains its viscosity. This allows the beautician or doctor to distribute the gel as needed using gentle massaging touches. That is, once the gel is introduced, it can be gathered in one place or distributed to the desired area manually.
Drug form and composition
The biogel Juvederm Ultra 4 is supplied in syringes that are ready for use. Each syringe contains 0.8 ml of solution for injection. The dosage of Hyaluronic acid in Juvederm Ultra 4 is 0.24 mg per 1 ml of solution.
Since Juvederm Ultra 4 is intended for deep injection into the skin, injections are made with the thinnest needle 27G ½. They practically do not injure the skin and the procedure itself is less painful, compared to the use of thick needles of 30G ½ or more.
In addition to the main active ingredient, Juvederm Ultra 4 has two enlisted below inactive components, which play an important role:
- 3 mg lidocaine
- 1 mg Sodium phosphate with pH 7.2
Lidocaine is needed in order to reduce pain during the procedure. Sodium phosphate plays a more significant role and it is this substance that is responsible for the severity of side effects after the treatment session. It reduces puffiness, the time the skin needs to restore after injections, and increases the speed of defect correction, as well.
Mode of administration
Juvederm Ultra 4 gel can only be used for intradermal injections. For this purpose, the kit includes needles, which must first be disinfected and secured on the syringe.
What you need to do before the procedure:
- Visit a beautician or doctor who will inject Juvederm Ultra 4 gel
- Determine skin type, area for injections and severity of defects
- Identify the desired dosage and the desired effect
- A day before the treatment, give up alcohol, fatty and spicy foods
- Stop using antibiotics and blood thinners 2 weeks before the scheduled session
- If necessary, carry out several procedures to reduce pores
It takes no more than 20 minutes for an experienced aesthetic practitioner to introduce Juvederm Ultra 4 filler. This procedure is divided into several phases, as follows:
- Before the treatment initiation, the skin must be well cleansed, degreased and disinfected.
- The syringe is removed from the package and the needle is secured on it after removing the protective cap.
- Depending on the area of the drug administration and the desired result, the optimal drug administration angle to the skin is chosen. When correcting deep wrinkles, the injection is performed at the most acute angle. With the introduction of Juvederm Ultra 4 in the lips, you need the most obtuse angle.
- The gel is injected slowly to adjust the gel distribution in the tissues.
- After the introduction of the desired dosage of the gel, the dermatologist/aesthetic practitioner should massage this area of the skin for several minutes to improve the product distribution in the tissues
Once the procedure is completed, you need to remain in the chair for 15-20 minutes. The drug usually begins acting during this time and you can evaluate at least the initial result. In addition, this allows checking your tolerability to Juvederm Ultra 4.
The procedure for Juvederm Ultra 4 administration is safe and has almost no risks. However, there are certain conditions that must be met, if you decide to go through it.
- 14 days before the treatment session, it is necessary to completely abandon cosmetic procedures that may even slightly damage the skin: mechanical grinding, chemical peeling, scrubs, and so on.
- On the skin should not be inflammatory areas, microcracks, open wounds and ulcers.
- You must be sure that you do not have bacterial or fungal skin lesions at the injection sites
There are also contraindications to the use of Juvederm Ultra 4:
- Malignant neoplasms on the skin
- Autoimmune diseases
- Severe endocrine disorders
- Individual intolerance to Lidocaine or Sodium Phosphate
- Lactation and pregnancy
Besides the need to prepare for the procedure and check out all possible precautions, there is also a list of rules that must be followed after the treatment session.
Usually, within 2 weeks after the administration of Juvederm Ultra 4, it is not recommended to:
- Visit the sauna, pool or places with a sharp change in temperature
- Be exposed to the sun
- Perform heavy exercise
- Use makeup
Juvederm Ultra 4 Side Effects
When using Juvederm Ultra 4, patients have almost no side effects. It all depends on the dermatologist’s experience.
Most often, it is not the gel that causes side effects, but the injection itself. At the puncture site, pain, itching, redness or mild swelling may occur.
However, not every product from the Juvederm Ultra line is created the same, when it comes to safety. Of course, Juvederm Ultra 4 may be tolerated worse due to its high density. Edema usually does not go away immediately and lasts up to 2 days. Bruises are possible, if the gel is injected too quickly, and these can persist for 2-3 days.
In online stores, you can find the original fillers Juvederm Ultra 4 at an affordable price. Direct deliveries of products from the warehouse of the manufacturer reduce the cost of logistics. Therefore, specialized online stores usually do not charge high markups for Juvederm Ultra 4.
Perhaps, an affordable price for Juvederm Ultra 4 will be offered to you by your cosmetician who will do the procedure. Based on our experience, though, we can say for sure that this happens in two cases:
- Your aesthetic practitioner is your very close friend or relative, who doesn’t want to make money on you
- Your aesthetic practitioner will inject a different product, and not the one he has declared
It’s all up to you to decide on risking with your beauty and health. We’re always happy to deliver your dermal fillers in time for your aesthetic treatment, and we only work with original products.