Table of Contents
Drawing attention to the high price of Juvederm Voluma, many forget that the modeling effect lasts one to one and a half years. Experts say that the effect lasts less in active people. Fans of sports, cold water treatments, cosmetic procedures quickly farewell to the acquired volumes.
After reviewing the feedbacks of 65 women, who used Juvederm Voluma, we can conclude that these arguments are unfounded. In many ways, the results duration depends on the correctness of the procedure, genetic factors and the drug dosage.
With the introduction of Juvederm Voluma into the deeper layers of the skin, the results last longer. If the beautician does not inject the drug deep enough, the effect will not last more than 12 months.
The duration of the Juvederm Voluma effect also depends on the area of injection. It has been proven that the cheekbone area has increased motor activity. Therefore, the gel retains its shape for about 12-15 months. The same amount of gel, introduced for the correction of the nose, can maintain the effect up to 18 months.
Juvederm Voluma dermal filler is a formulation based on hyaluronic acid, which is used for face remodeling. This product is a great alternative to plastic surgery and provides a long and stable effect.
The main task of the Juvederm Voluma filler is to tighten the contour of the face, to give volume to the skin and to eliminate the signs of aging. This is the dermal filler with the highest density among all fillers of the Juvederm line.
It acquires a voluminous shape very quickly, does not spread under the skin and creates a dense texture. This volumetric effect has predetermined the actual name of the product – Juvederm Voluma.
Indications for Use
- Correction of volume in the cheeks, chin and cheekbones,
- Restoration and changing the contour of the face,
- Correction of deep folds,
- Tightening of loose skin in the mouth area,
- Filling deep nasolabial folds and providing volume in this area.
Despite the fact that Juvederm Voluma is used exclusively to correct the contour and add volume to different parts of the face, it is an excellent moisturizer. After the filler use, the skin becomes moisturized. Dryness and flaking disappear, and the natural color restores.
- It has the highest indicator of volumizing properties (volume effect);
- It is great for bio-reinforcing of the facial contours;
- It acts in the deep layers and binds the largest number of water molecules;
- It does not stick together into lumps and increases the volume in the desired area evenly;
- It holds its form perfectly within 12 months;
- It rejuvenates the skin structure, improves regeneration processes, and increases collagen production.
Drug form and composition
The uniform gel Juvederm Voluma is produced in syringes for injection in the deep layers of the skin.
Unlike other Juvederm dermal fillers, Voluma contains only 1 syringe and a high dosage of 2 ml of biogel. Each ml of the gel contains 20 mg of hyaluronic acid, which is the main active ingredient.
Hyaluronic acid as part of Juvederm Voluma is synthesized in Allergan’s pharmacological laboratories and does not contain components of animal origin. The gel is non-toxic to the body, does not cause an allergic reaction with normal sensitivity to the components and completely dissolves without harm to the body.
Juvederm Voluma also contains lidocaine and phosphate buffer. The first substance is necessary in order to reduce the painful sensations during the injections. The second substance helps to recover faster and avoid serious adverse symptoms.
Juvederm Voluma syringes come with 23 G1 fine needles in order to inject the drug as deeply as possible and to correct the most difficult to reach problem areas.
Mode of administration
Juvederm Voluma is used for certain areas of the face, such as:
- nasolabial folds,
Gel use in other places is not recommended, because of its features.
First, it is not recommended for use in the area with mimic wrinkles, around the eyes, as well as above the lip and with vertical wrinkles on the forehead.
During the consultation with a specialist, you will be given a full explanation of the areas in which you can use Juvederm Voluma and the procedure itself. Therefore, we recommend that you contact only experienced professionals, who have already had experience with the use if this formulation.
Each product of the Juvederm line has unique characteristics and cannot be administered in the same way. Do not use Juvederm Voluma at home and do not entrust this mission to your friends or acquaintances, who do not have the proper qualifications.
Initially, the specialist determined the severity of the problem, the type of skin, the desired dosage and gives recommendations for the preparation. If the skin is not sufficiently hydrated, it must first be moistened to remove all inflammations. The preparation process may take 1-2 weeks.
As soon as the area of the face is ready for the treatment, the doctor/dermatologist marks out the injection area and begins to inject the gel.
- Juvederm Voluma is inserted into the deep layers of the skin at the right angle,
- The gel must be injected very slowly,
- With the introduction of the gel, you can massage this area of the face to evenly distribute the drug in the tissues and avoid irregularities.
The before and after Juvederm Voluma results depend only on the qualifications of the specialist, who conducts the treatment session.
Another important note is that you shouldn’t spare the money to buy a sufficient dose of Juvederm Voluma. Many try to save money and buy small quantities of the dermal filler. If insufficient amount of filler is introduced, the effect will be incomplete and may even last for quite a short time.
How to prepare for the procedure:
- A few days before the treatment, give up alcohol.
- Stop using antibacterial medications andblood-thinning agents 14 days before the treatment session
- Let your skin rest for 2-3 weeks from aggressive treatments, such as peels, clay masks, scrubs, tanning, and so on.Your skin should be free of any kinds of damages.
- Learn from your beautician how to moisturize the skin.
The injection procedure involves certain risks, which you can avoid if you take precautions. First, it concerns the study of contraindications to the use of Juvederm Voluma:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Infectious and inflammatory skin diseases in the injection area
- Allergy to Lidocaine
- Hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid
- Herpes on the skin in the area of the gel administration
- Open wounds, burns, or skin lesions at the intended gel administration site
Clarify additional precautions with your dermatologist.
As for the requirements, which ensure a quick recovery after the procedure, keep in mind the following measures:
- It is not recommended to apply makeup on the face within 24 hours after the treatment session.
- For 2 weeks after the treatment, forget about intense physical exertion, visiting the sun booth or sauna.
- For 2 weeks, stay away from spending long time in the open sun or in the cold.
- It is not recommended to sleep on your stomach during the first 7-10 days.
- For 2-3 weeks after the procedure, avoid any beautifying treatments, including peels, laser procedures or face polishing.
- Make cold compresses during the first 3 days after the dermal filler administration.
Juvederm Voluma Side Effects
Many believe that increased caution when using Juvederm Voluma is superfluous. Indeed, products from the Juvederm series are well tolerated and rarely cause side effects.
However, failure to follow basic precautions can cause complications. As a rule, complications manifest through a longer rehabilitation period and additional side effects, such as:
- Pain when you press on the gel administration site
- Itching and redness in the area of the dermal filler introduction.
In the worst case, an allergic reaction may occur, or the filler will be distributed unevenly and instead of correction the contours, you’ll get an opposite result. During physical exertion and an abrupt change in temperature, the gel can coalesce into lumps, which are impossible to remove even with the help of massage.
Health insurance in the United States, Canada and the UK does not cover the cost of dermal filler procedures. Therefore, you will have to bear all costs for the purchase of Juvederm Voluma.
It is one of the most expensive fillers in the Juvederm line. Its average cost reaches $ 1200 for 1 syringe. Prices on the US and Canadian markets range from $ 800 to $ 2000.
You will be offered the highest prices for Juvederm Voluma by the large pharmacy chains and in aesthetic practitioners’ offices. These are intermediaries, who purchase the products from manufacturers, add a markup and sell them to customers for financial gain. As a rule, the margin is 200-300% of the real manufacturer’s price.
You can find the lowest cost for Juvederm Voluma in online pharmacies. These are direct dermal fillers suppliers from manufacturers, who do not charge a high markup.