Table of Contents
About 10-15% of people who received Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2% injections complain that they feel pain. Some believe that they are immune to the action of this anesthetic. Others argue that the doctor picked the dosage incorrectly and therefore the drug did not work.
In most cases, both groups of people are mistaken. Experts say that Lidocaine HCl affects 99% of people, and some need more time for the drug to start working.
When will lidocaine hydrochloride start working
After the doctor has administered the standard dosage of Lidocaine Hydrochloride, its action should manifest in 5-7 minutes. After 10 minutes, the conductivity of the nerves is completely blocked, and patients feel no pain. If you, however, have a decreased sensitivity to this substance, complete pain relief can occur in 30-60 minutes.
In 5-10 minutes after the introduction of the anesthetic, you can feel a slight numbness and think that the drug has worked. The doctor does not do any additional checks and begins the procedure. It is at this moment that pain appears. To prevent this, the patient must have no feelings in the desired area at all. Even if it takes 30 minutes or more, the doctor must wait and check the tissues sensitivity from time to time.
If the anesthetic effect does not occur within 60 minutes, an additional dose of Lidocaine is allowed.
What is better, Lidocaine Hydrochloride jelly USP 2 or Lidocaine hydrochloride 2% injection
Many patients believe that Lidocaine Hydrochloride jelly USP 2% goes better for local anesthesia during cosmetic procedures. This is partly the case. The gel is not absorbed into the systemic circulation, rarely causes side effects and is well tolerated. However, its action is rather short.
In addition, Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2% injection blocks nerve transmission in a larger skin area.
Many women note that they feel pronounced pain, when the jelly is used while they have hyaluronic acid being injected into their lips. With a preliminary introduction of Lidocaine 2% solution, the pain is barely felt and recovery after injections goes faster.
- The gel is excellent for surface treatments and is effective for a short period of time.
- Solution for injection is better to use during long procedures over a large area. In addition, if the treatment area has a large number of nerve endings (for example: lip mucosa), it is better to use Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2% injection.
Lidocaine Hydrochloride (LH) is an anesthetic for topical use during cosmetic procedures. This is a broad-spectrum drug, which is used in all areas of medicine. Yet, it has a special place in aesthetic medicine.
Thanks to innovative technologies, each person can improve their appearance without resorting to complex surgical interventions. With the help of corrective means, you can:
- change the shape and volume of the lips,
- remove double chin
- change the shape of your nose and correct nasal bumps
- do liposuction without surgery
Almost all machine and injection procedures are accompanied by pain. That is why cosmetologists and doctors insist on using local anesthetics.
Why is Lidocaine Hydrochloride so useful?
- patient’s fear for the procedure disappears, which simplifies the doctor’s work
- swelling and bleeding at injection sites decreases
- bruises and hematomas appear less frequently
- tissue damage does not cause muscle spams
- local inflammatory process decreases
- recovery period after a machine or injection treatment reduces
Lidocaine hydrochloride temporarily desensitizes the treated area. It stabilizes the membrane, in which the neurons are located, and interferes with the conduction of nerve impulses along the nerve fibers.
In simple words, Lidocaine temporarily blocks nerve transmission in a specific area of the body, so pain impulses do not pass to the spinal cord.
The action of this anesthetic lasts 30 minutes to 10 hours, depending on the dose and individual patient’s sensitivity. After that, the sensitivity of the nerve endings begins to recover and returns to normal within 24 hours. Due to this effect, patients can completely eliminate discomfort during any aesthetic treatment.
Indications for use
Lidocaine hydrochloride solution is used for local anesthesia during machine or injection procedures in aesthetic medicine.
It can be used before:
- opening deep pimples or wens
- botox or hyaluronic acid injections
- machine lifting and skin toning
- does not contain toxic substances and is safe to use
- blocks nerve transmission in a restricted area
- suppresses mild to moderate pain
- reduces the recovery period after the procedures
- reduces the severity of side effects after aesthetic sessions
- creates a comfortable environment for the aesthetic practitioners / doctors and patients during the procedure
Drug form and composition
- Lidocaine hydrochloride is produced in the form of a solution, in vials of 10 ml
- The concentration of the active substance is 20 mg per 1 ml of solution
- 1 package contains 5 bottles
- The excipients are purified water for injection, NaCl
The kit does not include syringes and needles for drug administration. They should be chosen individually, depending on the area of the anesthetic administration and the desired dosage.
Mode of administration
When performing local anesthesia, the dosing regimen of Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2% is chosen on an individual basis. Factors affecting the dose are as follows:
- Patient’s age
- Anesthesia injection area
- Nature of the intervention
- Duration of the procedure
- Damage rate
The standard dosage of Lidocaine HCL for local anesthesia is 30-50 mg of the active substance (1.5-2.5 ml of solution).
For a long-lasting machine procedure, or multiple injections (e.g., biorevitalization), the dosage of Lidocaine is 50-100 mg (2.5-5 ml of solution).
Before the introduction of the anesthetic, your dermatologist or aesthetic practitioner should check the patient’s sensitivity to this substance.
According to official data, about 32% of people are allergic to Lidocaine. To avoid unwanted complications, the solution should be injected first into the forearm region.
The patient is pre-administered a small dose of anesthetic (up to 1 ml). If no allergic reaction manifests within 15-20 minutes, the main procedure can be initiated.
For Lidocaine injections, there is a special syringe with a fine needle for deep introduction.
The solution must be injected deep to act on the plexus of nerve endings. If the drug is introduced into the surface layers, the deep neural membranes remain sensitive. Should this happen, the patient will experience pain during the procedure.
- Elderly and debilitated patients should be injected the lowest dose of Lidocaine Hydrochloride to minimize possible toxic reactions.
- Anesthetic solution is not recommended for use in children under the age of 12 years.
- Patients with severe arrhythmias, epilepsy or heart failure are not prescribed Lidocaine. Use of this substance even in the minimum dosage can cause an arrhythmia or epilepsy attack.
- Special caution is required when this anesthetic is injected in the neck. It is best if this procedure is performed by an experienced doctor, and not a beautician.
- Do not inject Lidocaine Hydrochloride into inflamed tissues. If you need to perform the procedure, you can do a few small injections around the inflamed area.
Lidocaine Hydrochloride penetrates into all blood supply tissues and is metabolized in the liver. It can interact with other medicinal substances and compete for metabolism:
- Beta blockers and MAO inhibitors enhance the effect of the anesthetic.
- Interaction of sleeping pills and sedatives with Lidocaine hydrochloride increase the inhibitory effect on the central nervous system. This might result is seizures and cardiovascular complications.
- Barbiturates accelerate the metabolism of Lidocaine, which shortens the duration of the anesthetic effect.
- Rifampicin and Phenytoin reduce plasma concentration of the anesthetic, while Cimetidine increases it.
If you take any medications at the time when your aesthetic treatment is scheduled, inform your doctor or cosmetologist about this fact. He should ensure that the meds you use do not interact with Lidocaine, and it is safe to give you the anesthetic injections.
Lidocaine Hydrochloride Side effects
Lidocaine hydrochloride is the most popular and widely used drug for local anesthesia. Despite this, it has many side effects. Most symptoms are mild and do not require medical care, and they are as follows:
- Lower blood pressure
However, quite dangerous symptoms are also possible. And the following require immediate medical assistance of doctor’s consultation:
- Respiratory depression
- Visual impairment
- Allergic reaction
Please note that the effect of anesthesia should wear off completely within 12-20 hours. If tissue numbness persists for more than 24 hours, consult your doctor or aesthetic practitioner, who injected you with the drug.
If you want to buy Lidocaine hydrochloride, pay attention to the number of bottles in each package and the dosage of active ingredients in the solution.
If you compare the prices of this anesthetic, you’ll notice that they are about the same in all online stores. The concentration of active ingredients in each bottle will be different, though.
In our store, you can find Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2% for sale at the lowest price of $ 20 per pack. We do not cooperate with distributors and intermediaries. Delivery of all products in our store is carried out directly from the manufacturer. Therefore, we do not have high margins and we offer the most affordable prices for Lidocaine Hydrochloride.
You may be able to find Lidocaine at a price of $ 20 on other sites, yet the concentration of the active substances in each bottle will be lower. As a rule, they sell Lidocaine Hydrochloride 1% at this price. You will get half the active ingredients for the same price, as on our website. We are sure that you agree that it’s not very profitable.
In our store, you can buy Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2% in any quantity. This may be one or two packages, or maybe a wholesale purchase of 10 packages or more.
We offer worldwide delivery and full technical support 24/7 to each and every client.