Lumigan is a recognized products, which increases the growth of eyelashes. Despite this, many women do not achieve the desired effect and leave negative reviews on the Internet.
According to an experienced aesthetic practitioner, the main reason for this is an improper use of drops.
Many women observe the regimen during the first month. Once they notice the changes, they relax and often forget to put Lumigan drops on their eyelids before bedtime. Hence a worse Lumigan result.
Experts in the field of cosmetology advise to carefully study the popular topics about Lumigan on reddit and other forums. Many women share tips on how to increase the effect of the drops. If you follow all the tips, the treatment result will be 100%. The main thing is not to stop using the drug until the desired result is achieved.
Lumigan is eye drops, which improve the growth of eyelashes and eyebrows. This is the brand name of the active substance Bimatoprost, manufactured by the company Allergan. The FDA approved Lumigan 0.03% for extending eyelashes.
According to the results of clinical studies, use of Lumigan makes your eyelashes:
- 30-45% longer
- 2 times voluminous
- 20-25% darker
Bimatoprost substance was synthesized for the treatment of glaucoma. It reduces intraocular pressure effectively and helps preserve the vision of patients with glaucoma. Participants of clinical trials, though, noticed that their eyelashes became longer and thicker after a 1-month use of Lumigan. It turned out that the side effect of this medication can be used in cosmetology and bring fantastic results.
Today, Lumigan and Latisse products are the most popular products in aesthetic medicine for improving the growth of eyelashes.
Are Lumigan and Latisse the same thing?
Lumigan and Latisse contain the active ingredient Bimatoprost. These products have different positions on the market these days, though are an exact copy of each other.
The concentration of active ingredients in both formulations is 0.03%. Therefore, their therapeutic effect is 100% identical. Pharmacies offer Latisse at a very high price, since it is a unique aesthetic product. If you want to save money, though, you can buy Lumigan and get the same result.
Scientists still cannot tell how Lumigan works. It is only known that Bimatoprost activates the metabolic processes in the hair follicles. It enhances the eyelashes growth, makes them stronger and more resistant to damage.
Lumigan cannot increase the number of hair follicles, though. However, when you use the drops, you get the feeling that you have more eyelashes with each passing month. This is because they become more voluminous and fill all free space.
Indications for use
Lumigan is indicated for people with sparse and fragile eyelashes to increase their length and volume.
This product can be used to treat glaucoma under an ophthalmologist’s supervision. However, when Bimatoprost is used for medicinal purposes, the dosage and administration method differ.
- Has almost zero contraindications
- Has a high pharmacological safety index
- Rarely causes side effects.
- Increases eyelash volume and returns their natural dark color
- Reduces the intensity of the eyelashes loss (even with regular use of makeup)
If you’re lucky to have good genes and your lashes have a beautiful shape, the use of Lumigan helps make them even more expressive.
Drug form and composition
- Lumigan (Bimatoprost) opthalmic solution comes in vials of 3 ml
- The concentration of Bimatoprost is 0.3 mg/ml (one vial contains 0.9 mg of active ingredient)
- In addition to the main active ingredient, Lumigan eye drops contain several inactive ingredients, such as diluted hydrochloric acid, water for injection, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate. These substances do not affect the pharmacological action and act as a solvent.
Mode of administration
To assure a proper effect of Lumigan, you should apply the every day. Do not miss a single day and follow the instructions for use.
Before you apply the drops, you need to do the following:
- remove makeup from eyelids
- remove lenses (if you wear them)
- wash your face and cleanse the eyelid skin from oil (so that the tissue absorbs the substance better)
Lumigan opthalmic solution is best applied in the evening, before bedtime. The bottle with drops does not have a special brush.
Make sure that the product does not get into your eyes. It should be applied only on the eyelid area. To do this, you can buy a thin brush in a cosmetic store or a pharmacy.
The dosage of Lumigan is determined individually. You should approximately determine how much solution you need to cover the entire length of the lashes, so that there is no surplus.
How to apply Lumigan
- Take a small amount of solution with a thin brush
- Brush at the base of the eyelashes on the upper eyelid (along the lash line)
- Wipe off excess with a cotton pad
If you are not satisfied with your lash line and want to correct it (change the length, shape), apply the solution in areas where you need to increase the growth of eyelashes. You can also do this with the line or volume of your eyebrows.
3-5 minutes after you apply Lumigan drops, they will be completely absorbed into the hair follicles and begin to act.
If this is your first time using this product for the first time, our recommendations may be useful to you:
- Never apply drops in your eyes. First, this will not provide a targeted growth of eyelashes. Secondly, Lumigan lowers intraocular pressure, which may deteriorate your eyesight.
- Do not apply Lumigan on the lower eyelid. This will cause excessive growth of eyelashes and hyperpigmentation in the lower eyelid area.
- If you wear lenses, be sure to remove them before applying Lumigan. If the solution gets onto the lens surface, it can damage it. You can put on the lenses only 15 minutes after the product application.
- Wipe off excess Lumigan in order to avoid hair growth on the skin in unwanted places.
- This product has a reversible effect. If you don’t use it for 3-6 months, the volume and length of your eyelashes gradually comes back to the ones you had before the treatment course.
If you are wondering how quickly Lumigan starts working, our answer might become that “fly in the ointment”. You should not expect a quick effect. The difference is visible only after 1 month of daily drops application.
The maximum result appears only after 3-4 months of daily use of the product.
You should apply the product only 1 time per day, before bedtime. Do not take it more often, as it will not provide a faster result. Frequent use of Lumigan can cause side effects.
If you plan to having the entire therapeutic course, you should buy 2 bottles of Lumigan at once.
Lumigan: how long does a bottle last?
- With economic use of the solution, 1 Lumigan bottle size is enough for a full 3-month period.
- Beginners usually waste much solution. Therefore, 1 bottle may only last for 2 months.
- For a full 4-month cycle, you need no more than 2 bottles. If you want to continue using Lumigan drops, you can purchase another 1-2 bottles.
With long-term use, Lumigan does not lose its therapeutic properties. However, doctors recommend checking the intraocular pressure every 2-3 months. Ideally, you should take a 4-week break from treatment every 3 months. By doing so, you protect your eyes and avoid side effects.
- Lumigan is not recommended for use during pregnancy and during lactation. It is not fully known whether Bimatoprost passes into the breast milk and can harm the baby.
- Lumigan should not be used if you are under the age of 18.
- If an allergic reaction manifests, stop using the drops immediately and consult with a doctor.
- If you have glaucoma or cataract, it is undesirable for you to use Lumigan for aesthetic reasons. First, you need to take care of your visual function, leaving aesthetic improvement for later.
Lumigan Side effects
The active ingredient Bimatoprost has a low toxicity and rarely causes side effects.
Adverse symptoms occur in isolated cases, usually in people with hypersensitivity to Bimatoprost. During the first week of Lumigan use, they may notice:
- redness and itching of the eyelids,
- formation of crusts on the edge of the eyelids,
- swelling of the eyelids.
In intolerance to Bimatoprost, you may experience more severe and dangerous reactions, such as:
- allergic urticaria
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the eye
- hyperpigmentation of the iris
- anaphylactic reactions.
If you think that you have an allergic reaction or notice vision alteration, you need to consult a doctor.
Lumigan is a medication, which is available in city pharmacies with a prescription only. Ask your cosmetologist, whether he can issue a prescription for Bimatoprost.
Still, even if you come with a prescription to the pharmacy, the pharmacist will most likely offer you an expensive drug named Latisse.
As already mentioned, Latisse is absolutely identical to Lumigan. However, it is marketed as an original cosmetic product. Therefore, its price is much higher than the that of Lumigan.
Make a simple comparison: the cost of a 3 ml Latisse bottle in online stores starts from $ 130. In our store, you can buy Lumigan over the counter at a price of $ 60 for 1 bottle of 3 ml. Price for Lumigan in our online store is 2 times less than the cost the overhyped drug Latisse.
To buy Lumigan online, you do not need a prescription from a doctor, or any cosmetologists’ recommendations. All you need is to visit the site, choose the desired number of vials of Lumigan 0.03% and place your order.
We support the payment of orders by credit cards and guarantee the complete security of your billing information. You can pay for Lumigan with Bitcoin, as well. The choice is all yours.
The advantage of our store is that Lumigan is always available for sale. You do not need to waste time visiting a doctor and searching for the drops in pharmacies of the city. You can place an order 24/7. In just a few days, you will receive your package no matter where you live.
Lumigan while pregnant
Another common question among women is: “Can I use Lumigan during pregnancy?”
The fact is that no large-scale studies on this topic were held in clinical practice. It is only known that Bimatoprost penetrates the systemic circulation. Most likely, its concentration is not sufficient to penetrate into all tissues.
However, the probability of the active substance penetration through the placental barrier cannot be excluded. To prevent even minimal risks, doctors do not recommend using Lumigan during pregnancy. Make smart choices and enjoy staying healthy, beautiful and happy!